Oh, Alexa. I want to hate you, but you are just so damn chic, I can’t help but be OBSESSED with everything you wear. Your British version of hipster makes even the douchiest (yes, it’s a word) leather-wearing-indie-listening-Echo-Park-clan somehow cool and relevant again. You’ve been gifted with this uncanny ability to NEVER brush your hair, and still it looks ‘done’. Even when you don a hideous heeled sandal that I think must have come from a cheap second-hand store in Brooklyn and you’ve paired it with (gasp!) SOCKS, somehow it works on you and the rest of us think, “Why doesn’t that look good on me when I wear it?”
Here are just a few of the things that make me (and everyone else) inevitably fall in love with you over and over:
- You are the only person I know (er, wish I knew) who can effectively pull off overalls.
- You are so accidentally cool, it gives me hope.
- You might be the only fashion model who can co-host with Anderson Cooper and not leave us shaking our heads in shame.
- I feel like I am a taller, fatter version of you.
- Seriously, socks with platforms… how are you doing this?
- Your collection with Madewell made it okay for me to spend $80 on a sweater.
- I imagine that you just wake up and throw something on and actually give little thought about it.
- I love how you constantly re-wear pieces and just don’t seem to care about out-doing anyone (the cat smoking slippers, the black and white striped sweater, the crimson Topshop jeans, don’t think we don’t notice).
- I frequently see pictures of you in public with little-to-no makeup on.
- You could easily be a stucky B, but I really feel that you aren’t.
Our hats off to you, lady, we are constantly in awe of your effortlessly chic ways!