There’s so much already going on this week, and it’s only Tuesday.
With the holiday yesterday, I missed my Monday morning hot-news update, and returned to an influx of emails today that put me on content-overload. Since I know my readers are busy peeps (all 5 of you :)), I scoured the web and found the best tidbits that you might actually be interested to know. Here’s the scoop:
- Fashion: Haute Couture shows are this week in Paris, and we aren’t there (le sigh). While those lucky attendees battle the snow to watch the top notch designers display the utmost in fashion luxury, we can breeze through collections from the comfort of our homes. Best collections so far are Dior (natch) and Chanel’s dark new appeal.
- Shopping: The Gilt Groupe Warehouse Sale is this weekend in L.A. Why are you interested? Um, have ya shopped on Gilt before? Yeah, well everything is going to be uber inexpensive and flying off the racks — don’t get knocked down while you are deliberating those Corso Como wedges. Buy tickets to the sale here. Also, Urban 1972 is having a sample sale on Saturday, January 26th from 10am-3pm @ 2231 Long Beach Ave, Los Angeles, 90058 and the first 15 people in the door will be gifted a secret prize. Ooooh, interesting!
- Gossip: Don’t Trust the B in Apt 23 Cancelled! According to The Gossip Cop, our fave guilty-pleasure sit-com Don’t Trust the B in Apt 23 “is being evicted”. That’s right, it’s over. And, what’s worse, ABC apparently pulled the plug on JVB and the rest of the DTTBIA23 crew to make room for…. wait for it… The Taste. WHAT?! Not excited. We’ll be spending the evening re-watching the best episodes (Including the Dawson’s Creek funeral where JVB sets a row boat with all of his Dawson’s paraphernalia ablaze) to mourn perhaps the most innovative show since Scrubs.
- Runway Trends: Window pane prints are back. Telegraph reports that squares are the print of choice amongst designers for Spring, including Louis Vuitton and Marni
- Street Trends: Silk tops and fitted bottoms. With unexpected temperature highs on the west coast (our winter wardrobes were so not ready for this), street style gets interesting. Perhaps the best way to battle the heat is to pair that sexy silk top that you were using to layer under a pull over with an aline skirt or fitted short.
- Food: DineLA’s Restaurant Week is happening right now. Check here for participating restaurants offering stellar deals on some very fancy fare.