I absolutely LOVE avocado, I put it in everything (not joking; omelets, sandwiches, pasta). Coming from an Italian-SoCal family, I grew up on avocados, my grandparents grow them and would always send us home with a great big basket.
In addition to being absolutely delicious, avocados have tons of health benefits that can help you through a long day at work! Here’s 5 reasons you should be eating more avocados:
1. Deflect those pesky migraines. Avocados are rich in healthy fats that reduce inflammation (a catalyst for migraines).
2. Protect your vision. How many hours are you spending on the computer? Avocados contain a nutrient called Lutein which protects against macular degeneration and cataracts for overall eye health.
3. Get an energy boost. The monounsaturated fat in avocados is easily burned for energy. Not to mention, it’s a much healthier alternative to energy drinks.
4. Check your mood. Avocados are known to assist in the regulation of hormones.
5. Boost your motivation. Did you know that avocados trigger dopamine release which heightens motivation and drive.
Go forth, and eat more avocado… but always in moderation, of course 🙂